Comfort, good food and warm welcome in Cathar Country
In Rennes les Bains, in the centre of the village, the guest house « Au Cœur de Rennes » is a charming house to welcome you. Originally a 14 bedrooms family hotel, dating from the heyday of the thermal cure in the nineteen twenties, it was entirely renovated in 2000 and now provides two types of accommodation:
- Chambres d’hôtes (Bed and Breakfast): Five comfortable bedrooms with bathroom, shower,, fridge, television with DVD player, hair-drier.
- An apartment : On the top floor a fully furnished and equipped self-catering flat for up to six people..
The front of the house with red shutters looks out over the village square. At the back of the house, our guests are free to relax in the garden by the river “ Salz”.
- sitting-room off the first floor landing ( where guests will find books, magazines, DDVs of local interest)
- comfortable dining-room for breakfast and evening meals (on reservation)
- Wifi access on every floor
- Lock-up bicycle shed
- relaxing massage with essential oils (see page "And also...").
Our luxury chambres d'hôtes Au Coeur de Rennes is more personal than a hotel and a great holiday base to explore the Upper Aude valley area.
Laurence and Erick welcome you into their home which they acquired in 2011 when they left the Vaucluse.
Social workers for many years they wanted a change to a less hectic way of life that would allow them to be hospitable and open to others. Running a “chambre d’hôtes” (bed and breakfat or B&B) seemed a better option than running an hotel, and the upper valley of the Aude with its unspoilt countryside and historical associations seemed the ideal place to do it.
Rennes-les-Bains - thermal village near Carcassonne-
Come and stay near Carcassonne in south west France, in the spa village of Rennes les Bains. The Romans discovered the curative value of its hot springs and Rennes les Bains has been a thermal spa ever since. It offers a wide range of activities: for the energetic, an inexhaustible number of foot and mountain-bike paths. For those with an interest in history and architecture there are numerous mediaeval castles (cathars castles) less than an Aude, with its unspoilt country side hours drive away. Visitors can also try to solve the riddle of Abbé Saunière treasure in Rennes-le-Château verry nearby.
Whatever the time of year and whatever your interests you are sure to find something that will appeal to you in Rennes-les-Bains and the surrounding area.